GENERAL SECURITY MEASURES
- Always try to vary your departure times and return route to and from your AO
- Use different doors and gate when leaving home or AO.
- KNOW your route and beware of your location, even if you're a passenger.
- Know location of key facilities, i.e.: police, fire and EMS stations, hospitals etc.
- Vary your parking places unless you have secure facilities.
- Select well-traveled streets as much as possible.
- Keep your vehicle in a high state of maintenance at all times
- Keep your gas tank full or at least 1/2 full. I can travel from my home to Macon, GA one 1 tank of gas. Plan accordingly.
- Tint your windows within reason
- Inspect your vehicle before entering, are there any suspicious, or unexplained objects or materials lying outside your vehicle. If so, do not touch the object... call for assistance.
- Check the area for any other occupied vehicles.
- During travel always wear your seat belt, keep all doors locked and if you have the window down only a small amount.
- Attempt to avoid crowds, congested areas or areas of "civil unrest".
- Be constantly alert to road conditions and surroundings, to include possible surveillance by car, motorcycle, or bicycle. All passengers should be vigilant. If you feel you are being followed, use your radio or cellophane to summon assistance, or travel to your nearest safe haven.
- Maintain adequate distance between your car and vehicles preceding you. Avoid being blocked in.
Copyright 1999 2000 Longbow
No reprint or republication without express permission of author.